Thursday, April 5, 2012

On the Road Again

     We are moving back to California. We are all or nothing people. We waited and waited till all the right cards were in our hands. The job, the timing, the house, and the list could go on and on. All signs pointed to yes this time and we are taking it. Im surprised we have lasted this long here. No one will ever fully feel the pain, loneliness, and confusion I journeyed living here, but Cody. He saw it first hand, lived it with me, and we carried each other through it all. To be back with our family again and be in a familiar scenery does not mean our life will be magically perfect once again. It means we will have our support system back and be able to spend time with and give to the people who have loved us even more from over 2,200 miles away. It means we will be painting our white picket fence, that has been torn down and rebuilt, all sorts of fancy colors. Bring on the bright yellow, and throw some teal at me. We are ready. Ready to love, grow, and be happy no matter where we are.
     I love Tennessee. It's beautiful, filled with culture, and it's greenery radiates. I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to miss it here, but I know we will be back. There was very few people who showed us the kindness and support here I was expecting. I always expect the most though. I expect out of people what I would give to them, and that's okay, but not realistic. Support here came from some of the most unexpected places. 
     On a lighter note...my Mom will be here on Saturday! I am so excited! The kids have NO idea. We plan to just take them to the airport to "look at the airplanes, and walk around" then just see if they can spot Nana as we wonder. This is a very hard thing for me to keep from them. I tell them literally everything, I like to keep them clued in. I will not tell them...I will not tell them. On the 13th everything will be loaded and ready to roll. Once again we will be driving cross country with 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat. This time we will be be adding a UHaul truck and thankfully an awesome Nana. Wish us luck! I will be posting tons of photos, posts, and videos along the way to keep you with us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird