Saturday, August 11, 2012

Oh, Pinterest.

It's a little bit of an addiction I have with Pinterest, but it's really I good thing I swear. I usually glance through it a few times a day and find incredible things. I mentally stow them away and wait until the perfect moment to act upon the inspiration. I just wanted to share with you guys a few things I have recently done that all started with a single pin. 
The DIY Baby Wrap
I have two baby carriers that I have had for over 5 years now, and still love them. If I could find them that would be amazing. A few weeks ago I was getting ready to take the kids to the state fair with the family (Cody had to work that day) and knew I would need a way to keep Liv on me while I pushed the big kids in the double stroller. I grabbed a some fabric out of a tote, started cutting, and this was the finished product! Not too bad for FREE. 

Princess Hair
I love Addalie's hair, but keeping it out of her face is not an any task at times. She used to sit and let me do whatever to her hair, but times have changed my friends. This is one of the only ways she lets me do her hair now. She has named this the "princess twisties". The pin I saw this on was linked to this BLOG, and there are some super cute hair ideas on here that I surely am going to attempt to try on Ads. 


Aiden's Alphabet Parking Garage
Cardboard + take + marker = one happy 5 year old who loves to show off his smarts. I call out a letter, and he races to it! I also called out sounds of letters and words athen he would have to drive to the letter that the word began with. I originally got the idea  from HERE, but we took it to the next level and made it a two story complete with ramps.

Tie Dye Toast! 
I brought the kids bowls of colored milk and a piece of bread, and they knew just what to do!I let them go for it then threw it in the toaster. The original idea comes from HERE

Flip Flop Wreath
I saw this concept on Pinterest a very long time ago and imminently thought of my mom, then when she sent me a photo of the very same thing some time after that, and I knew what I would be making her for her birthday this year. 

This works! 
I really didn't want to throw away this glass vase that I had kept adding and burning little candles in awhile ago for some weird reason. I think I thought it would look cool...I thought wrong. Anyways, I successfully restored the vase and it is currently placed in my fireplace with a few other vases and jars accompanied by some candles. The instructions can be found HERE to remove unwanted wax out of any glass container. 

There are a few other things I wanted to add to this post, but they will have to wait. The big kiddos are "faking naps" and little Liv is attacking the cat with a spoon. Hope everyone has a great weekend! 

Two things that are currently stuck in my mind: 
How awesome is this?! I really need it in my kitchen. 
AND
this song. It came up yesterday on a mix CD and has been on a mental repeat for about 24 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird