My little boy is no longer a baby. He doesn't stay at home with his Mama anymore, and nap time is history.
Today was Aiden's very first day of school. My kindergartener was brave and very much out of his comfort zone once we arrived in his classroom. He almost made his Mama cry when he strongly hesitated sitting on the rug without me. I sat behind and reassured him we wouldn't leave without kisses.Pick up time came and he was lined up outside with his classmates and fit in perfectly. He talked of playgrounds, books, lunch, and spiderman backpacks he spotted during the day.
He even brought his little sisters a little special treasure (mini green teddy bears), and made Addalie a coconut tree hat matching his that goes along with Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. I'm so proud of him, and his generous heart.
I can safely say Aiden is sleeping hard tonight. I don't think I have even seen him so tired at the end of the day. We had an entire family rest time and watched The Lorax after school, followed by dinner, and a quick dip in the pool. Addalie full on swims now. She is nothing short of a fish these days. Even Mama swam tonight. Usually I do the "ill go in up to my knees and sit on the steps with the kiddos" kind of thing. Tonight I got my hair wet, did a few underwater summersalts, and threw in a hand stand. It was a good night.
I write tonight with this big baby sprawled out across my lap. Excited for what tomorrow brings.





No comments:
Post a Comment