I have had and what I thought was fully utilizing my iPhone for years now. Never did I think to look into crocheting, yarn, or craft store apps. Last week I downloaded the Joann Fabric & Craft store app, and saved almost $10 with the coupons they offer! Pretty great if you ask me. So I started searching last night for other helpful apps. There really are not that many, but the ones I found and liked are worth the download.
This is exactly what I needed yesterday after having to start a hat over a few times because of losing track of what row I was on. I crochet on and off throughout the day, and with the kiddos running around it makes keeping track of what I am doing a little difficult. Hopefully this can help me out a bit. Price: FREE
Red Heart is a great app for beginers. Tons of patterns and videos to work along side with. There are even links to playlists to crochet to. It wasn't my cup of tea, but it might be yours? Price: FREE
The Lion Brand Yarn app is better designed and more functional than Red Heart in my opinion. I liked that under the More tab you can go to FAQ and it has tons of great information from explaining different abbreviations to how to start a skein. I haven't explored entirely everything on the app yet...there is that much information. Price: FREE
If you want to save $$$ on your yarn, who wouldn't, you NEED this app. You can use as many coupons as you want in one transaction and even pair them up with newspaper coupons. Time it right when your favorite yarn is on sale and you have yourself a steal. Price: FREE
I have not downloaded this app just yet. I was waiting till I actually had time to utilize it. Maybe tonight. According to the preview of it though you can keep track of your yarn supply, and projects you are working on. I am excited to try it out. Let me know what you think of it if you already have been using it!
Well, I'll keep my eyes open for any other apps that would be helpful to us yarn lovers. I have seen a few more out there, they weren't free, and I was a little wary of them.
.jpg)

I have the other apps but hadn't seen Stitch Stash before! I may have to get that one! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteNo problem! Thanks for visiting From the Golden Coast! =]
Delete-Samantha
FYI, I use the Vogue Knitting app ($1.99), and I love it. A little more than free, but I can keep track of stash, needles, projects, and a counter, plus there's a free stitch dictionary. Worth every penny.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'll have to check it out. =]
Delete-Samantha
There is also an app for Crochetville, that you might like
ReplyDelete(avaible for I-Pad or android).
Also download Wooly. I think it was a dollar or two, but it links with your ravelry account. You can see your stash, needles/hooks you already have, patterns, your projects, etc.
ReplyDeleteRavelry has good info also!
ReplyDeleteHi Samantha, I love yarn and vegan, thanks for your good apps-idea and all the best from "German California State" Baden-Württemberg, Black Forest and the so called sunniest German City of Freiburg - Green City <3<3<3. Thanks again for support, sharing and inspiration and good luck to your projects.
ReplyDeleteI use KnitKeeper from the iPhone App Store. It tracks your needles, stash, projects and patterns. It allows you to take pictures of your stash, projects and patterns. For the projects and patterns, you can link to the website. It's very easy to use.
ReplyDeleteMy life changed after I started using Knit Companion. You can import patterns, highlight, annotate, and keep track of where you are in the pattern. It's pricey-$15.99, but SO worth the price.
ReplyDeletecool! thanks! it will be useful for my crochet time
ReplyDelete