Three kids at 22 is a lot. A lot of hugging, fighting, kissing, singing, playing, cooking, laughing, cleaning, reading, sharing, learning, and more cleaning. With Aiden in kindergarten now a large amount of my day is spent with the girls, and let me tell you...it's a breeze. I forgot how easy it was just taking care of two kids throughout the day.
When you have one you think you have it rough. You sleep less, eat less, shower less, and think about yourself a little less. When you have two a good nights sleep is comparable to a 3 day vacation, you eat when you can, showering (really doing anything in the bathroom) is an informal invitation sent out to everyone in the house to come in and ask you for the world right at that moment, and sometimes you forget your given name wasn't Mommy. Now, when you get to three all the above with two is true as well, but now you're a pro. Though you don't know it all, in fact there are days where you feel you know nothing, you can take it all on and feel successful at the end of the day. With two at home i feel...dare I say it, unchallenged. I'm not close to being bored but there surely will be time for some extra activities (like writing posts) which I'm thrilled about!
One mom I had spoken to while I was waiting for Aiden to get out of school on Friday had her second oldest start kindergarten this week and now only had one at home. She jokingly told me how she barely even felt like a parent now, and how simple her days were compared to having three home all day. I 100% can see that. Now this is where the panic, fear, and excitement sets in...what am I suppose to do when ALL THREE kids are in school?! I'm going to need new hobbies, or possibly a job, or better yet finally start a culinary program. Im getting a bit ahead of myself though.
Having Aiden at school has its down sides as well. I don't know who he's with all day, if everyone's being kind to him, and if he's eating all his veggies at lunch. I have loosened up over the years but I still fall in to the "over protecting/controlling mama bear" category. It's a learning experience for us all.
Sunday's are always weird days for us. So much to do, yet so little time. It's Cody's only day off...so, we nap.


Ahhh. I'm scared to move to 2 kids!! Lol
ReplyDelete