Friday, January 25, 2013

Trial, Error, and Events.

So I tried a new recipe yesterday. And by tried I mean....I kinda read the instructions while little people tested my patience, I threw some stuff in my tiny food processor then transferred it to the stove. It turned out okay. I think someone else should try it though because it looks amazing, and i'm pretty sure I just messed it up a little. It was the consistency that got me. 

I ended up adding zucchini and mushrooms to mine. Try it out though and let me know how it goes! 
Visit Epicurean Vegan HERE

I went to Walmart yesterday to pick up some produce and brought along a few  items from my fridge that were not vegan and I knew no one was going to consume them in our house. I had the receipt ready, items marked. The woman at the customer service desk asked me if there was anything wrong with the items, I told her not necessarily, but right after my husband had done a grocery shopping trip last week we had decided to become vegan and incorporate a more plant based diet into our lifestyle. She seemed somewhat interested but wanted to know what we ate. I briefly told her of all the great substitutes and how this really has opened up another world of food possibilities. She replied, "I tried to be vegetarian for about 4 days, I didn't have the will power." 

I wish people would make the connection between the food they eat, and what who it is ACTUALLY is. It's frustrating. I did't say much after that because I didn't want to offend her. I did't want to be that crazy lady telling people how to think.
However, I want to change peoples minds. I want them to think outside the box, and make INFORMED decisions. 
There are a bunch of vegan and animal rights advocate groups in our area, and I can't wait to get involved. 


The 4th Annual VegFest is this weekend in Sacramento! It's top on my priority list, the Hubs might just be "sick" on Saturday to spend the day with the kiddos. Seriously. 

 I have had a one track mind lately when it comes to writing this week...however, I still have been crocheting and crafting like a mad man. Promise i'll post more on all things yarn, glue, and crazy kids this weekend! 




No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird