veg·an
noun\ˈvē-gən also ˈvā- also ˈve-jən or -ˌjan\
: a strict vegetarian who consumes no animal food or dairy products; also : one who abstains from using animal products (as leather)
— vegan adjective
— veg·an·ism noun
I would personally add on a few things to my definition to vegan.
Making a cautious decision in everything little thing you decide to support. It's a lifestyle, a never ending journey of doing good.
It's an easy decision, but it takes effort (like everything great in life does).
It's speaking for those who can not, and choosing love over all.
Our dinner was surprisingly delicious last night. I will admit...I had my doubts. It was a recipe Cody really wanted me to try out, so I did.
It was my first time actually cooking lentils, couldn't be easier. The kids were even snacking on them plain prior to me adding them to my dish.
Ingredients:
1 Cup of Uncooked Lentils
2 Cups of Uncooked Brown Rice
Half of a large purple onion, chopped
Bell Pepper ( I used orange), thinly sliced
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
2 Sweet Potatoes, cubed
4 Carrots, chopped
1 Cup Vegetable Broth
2 Tbsp Green Curry
1 Can of Coconut Milk
1 Tbsp Canola Oil
Fresh Cilantro
Cook the lentils and brown rice in separate pots according to directions on bag. Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic in canola oil for about 5 minutes.
Add the vegetable broth, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the lentils, green curry seasoning, and the can of coconut milk. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Serve over the brown rice and top with cilantro. Easy Peasy. I have left overs for lunch today that I can not wait to eat!





I'm excited to try this recipe! Keep posting them. :-)
ReplyDelete