Friday, April 19, 2013

Adoro la Pasta!

In our home we adore pasta...searching for and creating our own pasta dishes has been such a success lately. Here are three that are a must try! 

This recipe is going strait to my favorites list. It's from 
Going Home to Roost , and could not be tastier!



Click HERE for the full recipe. 

Another pasta recipe I was fully impressed with come from VeganYumYum
I made this last Sunday night after coming home from an exhausting day in SanFran. It was done in no time, and everyone was thrilled to eat it. 


Hurry Up Alfredo
Makes 2-3 Servings
1 Cup Soymilk (I used almond)
1/3 Cup Raw, Unsalted Cashews
1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
3 Tbs Low-Sodium Tamari or Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Earth Balance Margarine
1 Tbs Tahini
1 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp Paprika (smoked is awesome)
1 Pinch Nutmeg
2-4 Cloves of Garlic, optional
Black pepper, to taste
Soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Cook your choice of noodles, drain, and return to heated pot. Pour sauce over noodles and heat through. While heating through lightly steam a few heads of broccoli, chop, and add to pot. Serve. Your children will think you're amazing. 

This next recipe is not as simple as the previous two, but surely worth the work. Sadly, this is the only photo I can find of it (though I have made it multiple times). 

You can find this recipe over at the Go Vegan Meow
The Tofu Ricotta recipe I seriously LOVE is as follows: 

1 block of extra firm tofu, drained and crumbled
1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
pinch of nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon mellow white miso 
1 squeeze of a lemon
pinch of pepper
2 tablespoons of chopped parsley

Mix & mash it all together! 

I like a nice big salad to go with any pasta dish. I am not a fan of store bought dressings, and rarely use any type of dressings anyways. My fav has always been avocado with a little s&p. When I do want a good Italian dressing though I make up a batch of this...

2 cloves minced garlic
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon dired parsley
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
a pinch of salt

1/2 cup white vinegar 
1 1/2 cups EVOO
4 tablespoons water 
 Mix all dry ingreedients together in a jar and add in wet. Place lid on jar and shake! Store in refrigerator. 



US Veg Week starts this Monday folks! Incorporate some of these great recipes into your meal plan next week!


-Samantha 


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird