Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Morning Dinner Planning

Saturday mornings we usually spend meal planning, and then making a trip to the Neighborhood Market Walmart followed by Whole Foods. Just thought I would share what I typically do to plan out our week dinner wise. I start by raiding my Pinterest for recipes I have pinned earlier in the week. Next I head to my emails from from friends with recommendations, and those are usually my favorite. I have entire "book" (aka: a million random go-to recipes stored in my head) that I usually will pick from as well as requests from the Hubs. 
This is what this week is looking like so far. Oh, and I don't tend to plan what we will eat on what day. That's a little too structured for me. Tried it, didn't like it. 
 Breakfast has always been one of my favorite things to have for dinner. Omlettes, toast, country potatoes, and "bacon". Don't forget the coffee. We haven't done that since our transition becoming vegan, and I really miss it. Not the eggs, just the meal idea. So when I came across this Vegan Indian Omlette I was ecstatic

This Veggie Calzone with Roasted Garlic Cream looks amazing! I'm really excited to try out this one. Served with a huge salad and it sounds like perfection. 

I have had my eye on these Southwestern Eggrolls for a few days. They are baked and filled with yummy goodness. I'll most likely serve these with chips/salsa and Mexican rice. 

Tempeh is something I have yet to try and I think this is the week I will do so! Bok Choy and Tempeh Tacos will fit the bill. 


I usually will plan a few special snacks and/or a healthy desert for the week as well. 
Making my own applesauce is something I have wanted to give a go for a while now and now seeing this, from Carrie on Vegan it's a must. It's so simple. Buy the apples (12-15). Cut & place in crockpot. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Eat 4 hours later. Amazingly simple. 

I make kale chips 1-2 times a week. All you need for my simple Kale Chips  are kale, a little EVOO, pinch of salt and/or nutritional yeast. This kale chip recipe is also from Carrie on Vegan (yes, i'm her newest follower). I'm sure these sour cream and onion kale chips will be a hit with the hubby. 

No, for all you sillies out there, I am not depriving my children of mac and cheese just because we went vegan. I'll be trying out this recipe from Leafy Greens and Me. I'll most likely keep this meal simple and serve it with a mushroom or chickpea burger and cauliflower. 

In addition to these I will most likely add in a Black Bean Taco Salad, a version of these Riblet Quesodillas, and I might just leave a free night for some WF Pizza or Chipolte. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird