Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Art & Veganloaf Lovin

The Crocker Art museum has always been a really exciting place to go for us. 
We picnicked before. I'm a pro lunch packer these days, by the way. Changing the scenery of a meal somehow makes it a billion times more fun, and watching the squirrels steal the crusts from sandwiches was quite a show. 




I have an obsession with chalkboard paint as it is...now, this is magnetic chalkboard paint. We are going to need a few gallons of this this summer. 



I also wanted to share this really great recipe with ya'll. By the way, you know how some people get "baby fever"? I've got moving fever. My Zillow addiction is slowly creeping up on me again. When I see the results from a search of 4 bedrooms min and under $1,500/month for this area it makes me feel like I should just start slamming my head against a wall, where on the other hard if I change the location to....let's say, Nashville, It makes me feel like I should reserve a gigantic ass moving truck one last time. Oh man. 
Anyways...back to this freakin amazing "meat" loaf I made the other night. 


I am in fact against calling an actual meatloaf a meatloaf. Cowloaf feels more accurate. Let's call it what it is guys. THIS is not a cowloaf. For lack of creativity this morning let's just call this a veganloaf? Lol. 
I based it off of this recipe from the Earth Balance brand blog. 
I left out a few things like the liquid smoke, agave, and mustard. I honestly didn't have them on hand and thought I could do without. For the breadcrumbs I crushed up some whole wheat crackers. I also added some on the top before popping into the oven for a little extra crunch. On most nights I give myself 45min to get dinner on the table...for the dish it was more like 60-75 minutes. Give yourself time. 


One last tip...make 2. Haha. The Hubs was a little disappointed there was none left over for the next day. Enjoy! 



No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird