Monday, June 11, 2012

Twenty Five Minutes

Twenty five free miuntes to do what ever I please with. Something stationary is preferable due to the dye saturating my hair at the moment. It’s loud here, but the kids are all sound asleep. My mind is filled with planning and excitement! Planning is exciting to me…yeah, kinda weird. I love preparing for a trip. Laying out the clothes, packing up the snackies, and envisioning what new adventures we are soon to come across. 


Usually a trip to the beach is the product of a shitty week or Cody and I being fed up with the world and wanting to escape for a day. This time it is planned. Actually, this trip will be a product of our car accident we were in last week. Our car is getting dropped off to be repaired tomorrow bright and early and in exchange we will have a mini van for a while! I have NEVER been a huge fan of any type of van. Despite the fact that anyone I have ever known to have a mini van is totally in love with having one, in my mind they have LAME written all over them. Anyways, we thought if we are going to have to drive around a mini van we might as well fill it up and escape to the bay. I am so glad that Jen & “Baby” Aiden will be joining us. Addalie and the two Aidens have become the cutest little trio, and with Olivia becoming more mobile everyday soon they will have to make room in their little group for a fourth. For now we call them the Triple A's (AAA). 


Here is a little something I came up with this morning. With driving across country twice within the past twelve months you think I would have came up with this a little sooner. Better late than never!
Easy, super cheap, and quick DIY drawing boards for the kiddos!
Materials:
-Cardboard rectangle 
-Bit of yarn
-Buttons (2)
-Coloring pages and/or plain paper
-Plastic sandwich bag
-Hole punch
-Scissors
-Large sewing needle

- Line up the top of the coloring sheets with the top of the cardboard and punch two holes about an inch away from the top. String the yarn through the holes adding the two buttons (for extra cuteness)  as you go. Double knot ends together in back of board. 
-To add the bag I threaded my needle with matching yarn and sewed the bag to the board starting right above the zipper of the bag. Make sure to only sew one side of the bag so you will be able to open and close it. 
-Finally, fill the bag with stickers, post-its, crayons, and anything else your kiddos will love! 


The Tripple A's will be putting these to good use tomorrow in our mini van! 


 Here is a little joke I came across today and made me giggle...

Mother to Daughter: “You know, one thing about retirement, Friday isn’t exciting anymore. It’s not the end of the work week, it’s just another day. In fact every day is Friday.”
Daughter to Mother: “I know just what you mean. Being a stay-at-home mom, every day is Monday!”
HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird