I've starting writing three different posts since we have arrived in sunny California this week. None seem to be just right to explain the 4 day journey it took to get here. We have arrived in limbo. How I hate this place and have been here too many times. Limbo is just like the tornados we passed through along the way. Every single thing gets thrown up in the air and tossed around, except for your family of course. You hold on to each other as tight as you can as you take cover and pray no one gets swept away. Slowly things fall into place. Some in the right and others in the wrong. It takes time to piece your world back together. It takes patience, which I was not born with. It's a learned skill for me that developed when Aiden was born almost 5 years ago. My tank of patience is used up on the kiddos all day, so when life tells me "wait, all good things will come in time" I want to give it a good pop in the nose. Eh, I'm learning...we all are. Our jobs weren't placed right back down in the "correct" spots. Let me say I don't mind working, and I never have. I have an awesome work ethic and love challenges, but I love my kids more. I'm terrified of going in to the office and having a nervous breakdown because I won't be wiping butts, cooking breakfast, cleaning, playing hot wheels or little people, or having my hair pulled out. What if I miss the second Olivia says a new word, Aiden does some awesome dance move, or Addalie needs a scraped knee cleaned up. I'll be giving it my all this next Monday morning and I'll be kicking some hiring butt, but my heart will be at home. Only time will tell how this is play out I suppose.
The California sun felt perfect today. There is nothing else like it. To end our sunny day we stopped at our favorite park and ran out our last little bits of energy as daddy held sleeping Liv and Ernie sat by his side.
"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one. "



No comments:
Post a Comment