So good I don't know if I'll be able to down regular (even whole wheat) spaghetti noodles again.
Ingredients:
-One spaghetti squash
-Sprinkle of mozzarella cheese
-One jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or home made sauce...I'll be trying that with this recipe next time)
-Pinch of salt & pepper
Roasting the Squash
Cut the squash in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds and stringys with a spoon. Place on a baking sheet, cut side up and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake at 350° for an hour or until the insides are soft. Remove from oven and let it cool 5 minutes. Using a fork, scrape out the squash and it will separate into spaghetti-like strands.
Place into casserole dish and top with spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and broil for 3-4 minutes. Just enough to melt the cheese and brown it up a bit.
I didn't plan on writing a post on this delicious and simple dish, so sorry for the lack and quality of photos. (the hubby also stole a bite out before i could even snap a pic to send to my mom lol) I'll have to update it next time I cook this. Anyways, Enjoy!


No comments:
Post a Comment