Friday, February 10, 2012

Samantha Approved

Lately I have come across a few recipes that I absolutely adore, and have added to my personal collection. Here are two that are in fact simple, healthy, and KID approved.
Cauliflower Poppers
Seriously, they taste like french fries! Maybe even better....surely more addictive. 
I came across the recipe on Pinterest and really doubted they were as good as everyone said, but since I had a head of cauliflower that I didn't have any plans for I thought I would give it a go. I am extremely glad I did!
Click HERE for the recipe over at Delighted Mama! 


Crockpot (Chicken) Enchilada Soup
This is a ridiculously filling soup. I have made it twice this month so far...it's THAT good. The first time I made it I did it all vegetarian. I substituted the chicken with a can of kidney beans and used vegetable broth instead of chicken. That next weekend I made two batches (one vegetarian and the other chicken) and invited the in-laws over. Though I didn't try it, the chicken version got rave reviews. 
I like to top it with tons of green onion, a sprinkle of cheese, sliced avocado, and some tortilla strips. I take a few tortillas, cut them into strips, place on cookie sheet, and bake at 400 until crispy (about 10-12 minutes). 
Click HERE for the recipe at SkinnyTaste.


Hope you enjoy these as much as my family and I do!



No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird